12. When I select a tech move to purchase from “MOVE” at the in-game store (under “DOWNLOAD CONTENT”), the game takes me to the purchase screen for a different tech move. How can I prevent this from happening?
This issue can be avoided by performing the following.
Select DOWNLOAD CONTENT -> OTHER -> FREE PACKAGE 4, and then download FREE PACKAGE 4.
We deeply apologize to any users who may have experienced the above issue.
Please follow the above to prevent this issue from happening in the future.
11. AI am trying to access downloadable content, but nothing comes up when I select "DOWNLOAD CONTENT" from the Main Menu.
What should I do?
Currently, an issue is occurring in the European Region on the PlayStation®Network that is causing unstable access to some or all of the game's downloadable content.
Due to this issue, content may not appear when selecting "DOWNLOAD CONTENT" from the Main Menu.
We are currently working with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in an effort to resolve this issue.
10. After downloading the latest downloadable content package, my game stopped working properly. What should I do?
From 9am to 1pm on 2/15 (London time), an issue occurred with the latest download package for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
However, the issue has been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.
9. Was the PS3 version of Real Steel released in more regions?
Real Steel was released in several new regions starting from 12/21.
New countries are listed below.
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Additionally, release preparations are in progress for the following 11 countries,
with official release in these countries to follow individually as each is ready.
This region expansion will allow PS3 users of the game to battle online against more users than was previously possible.
8. I'm using the Xbox 360, and for some reason am unable to download content. What should I do?
Real Steel was recently released in several new regions, and this process caused a malfunction with downloadable content on the Xbox 360 version of the game.
We are currently in the process of addressing this issue to allow content to be downloaded again.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. The Real Steel game home page will be updated once the issue has been resolved.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we work towards resolving the issue.
Update: The above issue involving downloadable content was resolved on 12/16.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.
7. How do I purchase another downloadable content item that I have already purchased in the past?
Once you have purchased a custom part from the Downloadable Content menu, further copies of the same item are not purchased through the
Downloadable Content menu.
Note: After purchasing a part, the price listing for the item should read "Downloaded".
Further copies of downloadable custom parts that you have already purchased can be bought in-game using Real Steel Cash.
From the top menu, select "Assembly Mode" and then "Shop" and copies of all custom parts that have been previously downloaded will be available for purchase with Real Steel Cash from the Assembly Shop menu.
6. What will be updated in the PS3 version patch?
The methods for audio output have been revised, and some game adjustments have been made to improve accessibility.
- North America: November 17th, 16:00
- Europe: November 18th, 00:00 GMT
- Japan: November 28th, 07:00 GMT
Summary of Content:
- * Audio output methods changed to address problems seen with some TVs when connected via HDMI.
- * Additional information added to the help text explaining some trophy unlock conditions.
- * A playable tutorial has been added to help players learn the rules and controls.
- * Skill point amounts earned in a match have been rebalanced.
- * Opponent A.I. has been rebalanced.
- * In-game cash amounts earned in a match have been rebalanced.
- * Repair costs have been rebalanced.
- * Fixed how the game handles unavoidable attacks.
- * The difficulty of the knockdown recovery mini-game has been rebalanced.
Note: Matches between regions will be temporarily unavailable due to the differences in release dates between different regions.
Please note that this patch will be released on separate dates in North America, Europe, and Japan.
Players in regions that have already received the patch will not be able to participate in matches against players in regions
where the patch has not yet been released.
This temporary problem will be resolved once the patch has been released in all regions.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
5. I am unable to find where to download "Robot Designer" on the PS3. How can I access it?
In certain areas in Europe, there was a brief period where Robot Designer had not been uploaded to the PlayStation®Store. Currently, it is up and available for download.
To access Robot Designer, please follow steps below.
(1) From the "Latest" menu, select "RS Full Game". "You may like this." will appear as a menu on the right. From there, select "Robot Designer".
(2) Robot Designer is also shown as a purchasable item from the "Add-on" menu, so you can select to purchase it from there as well.
If you are having trouble purchasing Robot Designer from within the game, please try accessing it by following the steps above.
4. Can downloadable content for Real Steel be purchased from the PlayStation®Store?
Currently, downloadable content for Real Steel can only be purchased from the in-game DLC shop.
Select “Download Content” from the main menu in the game, and then select the part, robot set, or other content you wish to purchase from among the downloadable content.
Right now, the only content available for download from the PlayStation®Store is the Real Steel game (Trial Version and Full Version).
After purchasing content from the in-game DLC shop, make sure to download and install the content.
3. I cannot locate Real Steal within the PlayStation®Store. How can I find it?
Locate the Real Steel game by conducting a search.
If you are in the US looking to purchase the Real Steel game from the PlayStation®Store, you may not be able to locate it at the Top page of the Newest Games section, making it difficult to find. However, you can easily locate the purchase page of the game by conducting a search for “Real Steel”.
Please conduct a search if you are having trouble manually locating the game.
2. I can’t use the downloadable content that I purchased for the PS3 version.
It’s possible that you did not complete the download and installation process after purchasing the content.
1. Are there any things I should be careful about when purchasing downloadable content for the PS3 version?
When purchasing downloadable content for the PS3 version, make sure that you fully download and install the downloaded data.